Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Twitter is So Whack

In my ongoing effort to avoid Dinosaur status I have embraced things I might privately consider to be somewhat ridiculous; thus Twitter is now part of my world. What spurs me to do so is my young son, who is only 22 as I write this. Becoming a mother later in life, I was spared the fate of many of my generation who have fallen by the wayside as Zack kept me informed on the latest in music, societal trends, fashion, etc. For example, I now know the following things:

1. Chillin' has nothing to do with temperature or little kids.
2. Texting is the only way to communicate.
3. Biking is the new driving.
4. "Whack" has many meanings, none of which has anything to do with hitting someone on the head. (I'm still learning.)

3 comments:

Gabrielle Lovi said...

I have learned "this your ride". Meaning your car, not that you need one.

Anonymous said...

Also, saying 'that is sick' now has nothing to do with illness, if you are under 25. And, I can never say 'that is sick' in the new context, which is a substitute for ' very cool', in front of my 13 year old son. Because, that would not be sick in his eyes. It would be very 'fail'.

Deb said...

and another word for car: your whip!