Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Is This a Great Country or What?


I heard an ad on TV this morning that said Sarah Palin has electrified America! Her new book has not even been released yet and it's already a best-seller! One question immediately popped into my mind: Sarah Palin can write?

All kidding aside, I happen to be very well-connected to someone who once was at a party with someone who used to work in publishing, and she gave me an advance copy of her book's Table of Contents. I am happy to share it with you here:

Chapter 1/ Dressing for Success: How to Look Cute After 40
Chapter 2/ Newspapers, Magazines and Periodicals: Who Needs 'Em?
Chapter 3/ "Aw, Shucks" and "Back Atcha": Using Country Expressions for Personal Gain
Chapter 4/ Finding the Silver Lining: Showing Off Your Retarded Child
Chapter 5/ Toddlers to Teens: Birth Control Tips for Every Age
Chapter 6/ Heavens Above: Russian Skies Are Right Over Me!
Chapter 7/ Decorating Odd-shaped Rooms: That Tricky Oval Office
Chapter 8/ Health Care: Guys Do Make Passes at Girls Who Wear Glasses!
Chapter 9/ Giant Career Boost: Tina Fey Owes Me Bigtime!
Chapter 10/ Old Grizzlies Never Die: The Real John McCain

I can't wait to get a copy myself. I'm guessing it will be in the Humor section of your local bookstore soon.

4 comments:

deneb said...

i will never buy a book by her. and you don't really think SHE wrote it, do you? I wonder who really did and how much her percentage is???

Anonymous said...

This is incredibly funny!! Tina Fey could use this for any future SNL skits.

Andrea Rouda said...

Thanks for the compliment, Anonymous! What is REALLY incredibly funny is that Palin has a shot at the presidency in 2012! Now that's funny!

deneb said...

that's not funny. that's scary!